Walking humbly.

I've been in a time warp the past four weeks. Its pretty crazy. And all the staff say that it usually lasts (in real time) about 6 months. But I find that very hard to believe!
We are currently in the lecture phase of our DTS (discipleship training school), and anxiously awaiting the announcement of our outreach locations. But honestly, as much as I am excited to do outreach, I am so thankful for this incredible time of preparation. God has been teaching me soooooo much and showing me that my theme verse for this season (Micah 6:8....the title of my blog) has three very important parts. He is focusing on the walking humbly part right now...and well, as you can imagine, its been quite humbly. As much as the humanness and indpendance in me hates when God shows me
the areas of my life I need to work on, in some twisted-God way I am learning to truly love these seasons in my life. I am so thankful that I am not the person I once was and that I will forever be able to say that as long as I keep seeking after Him.
One thing that the speaker this week said that has really stuck out to me was "Just because you are saved, doesn't mean that you can't waste your life." Wow. That hit me hard. In a good way. See, salvation isn't about us. God already did all that work for us by sending His Son as a sacrifice sufficient to cover our sins. But salvation isn't the end of our story. God still gives us choices in life. We must choose, daily, to follow him. God has a vision of greatness for each one of us! I don't want to look back on my life in 50 years and say, well I was saved, but I did absolutely nothing of purpose, that I did nothing to advance His kingdom. No. I want to strive for greatness. Not human greatness. But humble, meek, God-centered greatness.
Will you walk humbly toward greatness too?
Peace and love.
Note: I don't have the cord that allows me to take pictures from my camera and put them onto my computer. Which is SUCH a bummer. And I apologize to everyone who has been begging for pictures. I will try my very hardest to still put up as many pictures as I can through other means. But this photo is taken via my trusty MacBook. The building in the background is the main building on base with the offices, our classroom, and dining hall :)

Comments

Popular Posts