genes from mom :)

This is my mom. Isn't she beautiful???? I love her. A lot. (Mom. Take a deep breath. I'm still alive :) ) But I'm not just saying that. I really love her. She's an amazing woman.
And I've had the honor of having lots of her genes bestowed upon me! Two of which have been very apparent in New Zealand.
1- Curly hair. Can I just tell you that I love my hair? I'm so thankful mom chose to pass that one along to me. Obviously I'm the favorite child...haha. Being able to let my hair air dry after a 5 minute shower in the morning? Yea. That's awesome. And to have it still look good? Yea. That's a blessing!! Thank you mom! I've gotten sooo many compliments here and I always give you the credit :)
2-Introversion. Honestly, I think introversion is a blessing. I thoroughly enjoy spending time on my own to recharge. Reading books. Listening to music. I really can't imagine how extroverts get anything done hanging out with people all the time! But unfortunately in a situation like here at YWAM Oxford, with two DTS's going on simultaneously (there's a backpacker's DTS here along with my Justice DTS) and a total of 50+ people constantly being around each other...let's just say it's not exactly a "dream" situation for an introvert. As we speak there's an entire group of people playing extreme ping pong in the room below me. And I'm not introverted in the sense that I'm incapable of making conversation with people here. There are some really, really awesome people here and its been such a blessing to begin to get to know them. But let me tell you...by the end of the day I am exhausted. I just want to crawl in the fetal position and spend 3 days in solitary confinement. Haha. Okay its not that bad. But I am tired. And its not even the talking with people that makes me tired. I honestly enjoy learning people's stories. Its just the constant group situation that is a little difficult. It's nearly impossible to be by yourself here. Not to mention I am in a room with 5 (super cool) girls. So even being in my bedroom is usually not alone time. I'm in noooo way saying I'm having a bad time. Because that is nooooootttt true. I am right in the center of God's will and I can sense it more and more every minute I'm here. It is such a joy. Seriously, I have already learned so much and know that God has SO much in store for me here. I'm extremely excited! But if you could pray that my dad's extraversion genes would somehow take over for a few days so I can regain some energy...that would be awesome. :)
I miss you all and love you EVEN more!!!
Here's a little taste of what God has been encouraging me with:
Commit your way to the LORD. Trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness radiate like the dawn, your justice shine like the noonday sun. Psalm 37:5-6
Peace and Love!

Comments

Popular Posts