safe in NZ :)

I arrived safely in Christchurch yesterday (Saturday) around 5:00pm. Our flight was a little delayed because in Melbourne there was only one runway not under construction...good idea? bad idea? Anyways. My travel wasn't too bad. It was a lot of flying and unfortunately my stomach was upset on off for the duration of my time (and is still not feeling well), but other than that it was pretty uneventful. So here's a quick recap of my travels thus far. Saying goodbye was tough, but I had some chips and salsa in Chicago that helped haha. In Denver there were birds in the airport...which was just random. And it wasn't just 1. There was pretty much a whole family of birds. But I also met this awesome girl that was from Point Loma and she was a missionary too! She's doing campus ministry at San Diego State University and was just leaving a fundraising conference. We had a reallly good conversation and I hope I was as encouraging to her as she was to me! (PS-Hi Jessica :) ) In LA there was an alarm that went off for a good 10 minutes. When they finally stopped the beeping everyone in the international terminal cheered. It was pretty funny. The trip to Melbourne wasn't bad at all. The food was really good! And I sat next to a nice couple from Melbourne and they helped me get used to the new accents I'm surrounded by. In Melbourne I met up with some other people on their way to YWAM so it was nice to finally meet some of my teammates in real life. And then the flight to Christchurch was fine...except you had to pay for food. In Austrailian dollars...soo I didn't eat. haha. And customs was customs. But I made it through without too much trouble.
And now its Sunday afternoon and here I am in Oxford, New Zealand. I went to an Anglican church just down the road this morning (oh how I wish you could have been there with me Dad...you would have loved it!) It was so cool to reflect on how awesome God is. Here I am on the other side of the world, and yet I am united with every other Christian in worship. And even though its different services, denominations, accents...its the same. We all love and serve Jesus. And that, my friends, is the beauty of faith.
My biggest prayer request right now? Please pray about supporting me further financially. My outreach expenses are due MUCH sooner then I expected and as I mentioned earlier...I still need about $2000...possibly more depending on where I am placed. So if God is prompting you...give give give! :)
I love and miss you all. But I'm doing so well. I am confirmed more and more each minute that I am right where God wants me to be!!! And I am so full of joy!
Peace and Love!
PS-hopefully pictures will be coming soon! i live at the base of a mountain. no big deal.

Comments

Popular Posts