Blessed beyond measure.

I've arrived safely in the middle east and have pretty much settled into our new home with my team. Because of the holidays we haven't quite established our schedule yet, but we're slowly getting everything figured out and its allowed for some good time with Papa. Its definitely been stretching...learning to get used to my lack of communication skills and the lovely scent of cigarette smoke that seems to follow us where ever we go...but Papa is soooo good. And faithful. He continually draws me near. The other night we were robbed and unfortunately my laptop was among the casualties. By his grace, I've had complete peace about it. Really, its just a thing. Its valuable in the world's eyes, but at the end of the day its not a big deal. And Papa has taught me a lot through it. Which is way more valuable to me than a laptop. Here's a poem that I wrote about it:
Blessed Beyond Measure
I am a first world citizen, a daughter of the privileged 10%.
I wake up each day warm and comfortable.
Fully clothed and safely sheltered from the cries of those less fortunate than me.
I speak the world language that others desperately long to know.
My passport holds power that is unmatched.
And why? Simply because I was born in one country and not another?
My needs and "rights" are beyond the dreams of others. 
The worth of my clothing could feed a family for at least a year.
When my possessions are stolen, it only causes me inconvenience, never true loss.
The real problems of this world are lucky to be on the news in my bubble.
I live the life of luxury compared to the second and third worlds.
But that's not really being blessed beyond measure is it.

The real blessing I have received slips through the manicured fingers of my fellow Westerners and falls into the calloused hands of those who actually understand need.
I possess joy and hope and real intimacy.
I have experienced true relationships and have been made strong in absolute weakness.
I know Love.
That is how I have been blessed beyond measure. 
That is the blessing I must share with the world.
Yes I, 
I have been blessed far beyond measure.


Papa's peace and love.

Comments

Popular Posts