Scars on our hands.

I love reflecting on all God has done for me in the past few years. Especially when drinking coffee. He has taught me so much. One thing God has taught me in the past few years is the importance of vulnerability. Today in one of our prayer sessions they asked all the students and staff from our school who didn't have all the finances for their outreach to step in the middle. Talk about vulnerability... So I got up and walked to the middle. Despite the fact that I almost passed out from the heat (50 people gathered in a small space all laying hands on each other doesn't exactly cool you down haha), it was so encouraging to have people praying for me. Because the reality of the situation is I am still at least $2000 short of paying for the rest of my outreach phase and the actual figure is probably much closer to $3000. 
I heard a sermon by John Piper about missions and he used a really good analogy, so I'm going to share it with you. He said God calls us all to be to share the gospel with the rest of the world. Matthew 28 Go into ALL the world and make disciples of all nations. But it looks different for different people. We're digging a well in search of living water.  There are those who hold on to the rope and those who are lowered down into the well. Either way, you get scars on your hands. If you are reading this here's my challenge. Be one of those people holding the rope. Give $100, $200, $1000, or more. Help lower me down into the well. Because God hasn't created all of you to be down in the well, but that's how he has designed me. But there is no way I can go down into the well without your help. And when we show up in heaven, we both need scars on our hands.
Reminder: If you want to give, send a check (made out to "New Wine Anglican Mission" with "Katie-YWAM" in the memo line) to Katie Kulchar 420 Dale St Flushing, MI 48433. If you make out the checks to me personally that is totally fine...but your gifts won't be tax deductible. 
Peace and Love

Comments

Popular Posts