Anonymity

2 posts in 1 day? Yea, that's definitely a new record. What can I say? I have a lot on my mind.
The word anonymity has been on mind a lot today.
The first reason I have been thinking about it is because of all the woman and children that I am leaving here to serve who are just that...anonymous. Some of them don't know their names. Some of them don't remember their childhood. Some of them do, but what they remember is simply a title. It's a label. No one really knows them. No one really has a deep relationship with them. They are in a business where faux relationships are created everyday and in a short time those "relationships" are over. Their human desire to be known and to be loved is never fulfilled. (Not that it is ever filled without God...but that's beside the point.) They live a lonely life filled with pain, abuse, and constant struggle. And it is those people. Those children of God that I am going to serve. I want the anonymous to be named. I want the lost to find a home. I want the lonely to feel love. And not love that is purely physical and completely temporary. Love that overflows from the love of our heavenly Father. The love of a God who calls out to every orphan saying "I know you and I love you more than you could ever imagine." The love of a God who looks past our sins and our struggle and sees the beauty of Christ in each one of us. My heart has been broken for the anonymous and, God willing, it will continue to be broken. Not so that I can live in sadness, but so that I can share the joy that I have found in knowing Jesus. My Papa.
The other reason the word anonymity has been on my mind today is today I recieved an anonymous gift. A rather large sum actually and I have no way to thank them. I'm so blessed by their generousity and so my hope is that if anonymous is reading this, he/she/they will know that I am so humbled and blessed by their love, support, and encouragement.
Peace and love.

Comments

Popular Posts