Where I've been.

I realize that technically most of you don't even know where in the world I have been the last few months. Well this should tell you :)
In Cesarea at Peter's home and the temple.


 Floating in the Dead Sea...

 
At the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem

At the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem

 Eating granola. haha

But in all seriousness, these past 6 months I have been on an incredible journey. I began in New Zealand, traveled  to Israel and Palestine,  now I'm back in New Zealand once again, and in less than two weeks I'll be venturing to Cambodia. I am beginning to realize is that this journey has very little to do the places I've been (or will go), and but it has everything to do with the God that I serve. During our time of debriefing yesterday we were asked to write down the most significant journey we have been on the last six months. It was a difficult question for me to answer because quite honestly it is impossible to pick only one journey. I have been on hundreds. Journeys to stronger intimacy. Journeys to deeper revelation. Journeys of learning. Journeys of struggle. Journeys that are coming to an end. And journeys that are only just beginning.
I am well aware that when I get back home I will be answering the question "How was your time overseas?" quite frequently. I also realize that although most of you genuinely do want to know the answer to that question, it will be impossible for me to really answer that question. To any of you. Even those of you who want me to sit down and talk to you for hours and hours upon end. It is simply impossible. And for some reason, it makes me overwhelmingly sad. Not because I can't tell you all the hilarious stories (although that is a bit sad). I'm sad that I can't tell you all that God has taught me and done in and through me these past few months.
It is incredible the work He has done in my life. And the more I grow closer to God, the more I realize I know so little about Him. I feel like the moment I stop hungering to know Him more, is the moment I take my last breath. I want to spend every moment of the rest of my life seeking after Him. And I want to spend of the rest of my life sharing my experience of Him with all the world.
If you don't know God, find Him. If you don't deeply desire to know God more, beg Him for hunger.
Because without Him, the journeys of this life are really quite meaningless.
With Him, they are eternal.
Peace and love.

Comments

Popular Posts