Thermometer

I am a type A personality. Shocking. I know. haha. But its true. So when I found out I needed to raise $10,000 I immediately knew I needed to have a visual representation to show my progress. Like a checklist for raising money. (Don't worry, I have a checklist of other things I need to do too). Its cheesy, but it helps me. Especially when I get to color it in. So here it is: 
My thermometer :) Sorry its crooked. I don't know how to rotate it.  But its hanging on my wall correctly. haha. Anyways. Its been really awesome to get support from everyone and to fill it in. Because this is now my life. This is what God is calling me to. And I'm excited about it. And I'm even more excited about how God is providing for me. So I have this thermometer on my wall to remind me of that calling. And to remind me of how God is providing. 
But sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. And my friend (and co-leader in house group) reminded me not to think about the size of the amount of money I have to raise but instead think and dwell about the size of my God. So that is what the top sign is for. It says "God (the paper)" and then in the corner there is a little tiny dot and it says "$10,000 (size exaggerated)" It reminds me that no matter how big and overwhelming raising that money may seem, really its NOTHING compared to God. NOTHING. And that makes me smile. Every time I see it. Because I have an amazing God who provides for me daily. And $10,000 is nothing. 
:)

Comments

Popular Posts