Earth to the Day!

In honor of Earth day I'd like to dedicate this blog to my other fundraising method..Cell phone recycling!

Wait...did I just say cell phone recycling??
I did! I did!
Its super cool!
So let me explain.
I was googling different ways to fundraise and I found this organization (GRC recycling) that helps people and businesses raise money by recycling old cell phones. Here is how it works. You give me your old cell phones (battery has to be included but chargers are not needed). I collect at least 10 cell phones and I send them into this company (using their free postage...yea!). They look at the cell phones and determine the worth of each cell phone based on the quality and current condition of each phone. The better condition they are in, the more money they're worth (obviously..). After determining how much each cell phone is worth, they send me a check. Here's the cool part. They guarantee a minimum of $.50 for each cell phone. No matter what. On average, each cell phone will be worth about $2-4. But potentially a cell phone could be worth up to $30! Now I realize that may not be a ton of money, but it adds up! And lets be honest, what good are those old cell phones doing just sitting around your house? No good at all! Its basically a free way for you to give me money :)
AND it helps save the environment! Did you know? (warning: I'm about to get on my soap box) Cell phones are quickly becoming the number one e-waste product around! And all of these obsolete items of technology contain toxic materials that are harmful to the environment (boo!) if not disposed of properly. So what to do when trying to recycle mobile phones? Give them to me!!! And I'll make sure the cell phones are disposed of in an environmentally friendly way! 
Its win for you. Win for me. Win for the environment!
And who doesn't like winning??
PS- Don't forget to enjoy the beautiful Earth that God has blessed us with today :)
"The earth is the Lord's and everything in it" Psalm 24:1a 
Peace. And. Love.

Comments

Popular Posts