The greatest things.

© Blaine Hogan


Dressember Day 6.

I find myself at a loss for words today. Yet, I feel incredibly contemplative. Not good contemplative. Not bad contemplative. Just deep, inward, wrestling.

Survivor's guilt, perhaps? Why her? And her? And 27 million other slaves in the world today? Why not me?

Mourning, perhaps? Soul-gripping sadness at the pain and sorrow inflicted on so many?

Anger, perhaps? Table-turning, holy rage?

I can't quite place my finger on it.

And in this wrestling, I cling to the hope of this quote.

"The greatest things are born in the dark." Louie Giglio (GLS 2014)




If you are interested in donating to IJM, head over to my Dressember fundraising page here.

Comments

  1. I donated to IJM this month :) Also, I've seen lately that new studies show the number could actually be closer to 36 million now :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts